ETP Ion Detect excel against other electron multiplier types for desirable qualities for a mass spectrometer detection:
Mass Accuracy and Resolution
- Designed for narrow pulse width (useful for TOF-MS).
- Circuitry to tailor pulse shape.
Large Numbers of Pulses
- Designed for large average current.
- High linearity through diode and circuitry design.
Large Pulse Height Range
- Designed for large pulses of current.
- Pulses are augmented by circuit and dynode design.
- Accurate parts.
- Clean surfaces (uncontaminated, well polished).
- Quality electrical connections.
Extended Multiplier Life
- Large dynode area provides longer life.
- Efficient ion conversion.